New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 335

People Online:
Visitors: 37
Members: 0
Total: 37

Freebooters: Forums

Freebooters :: View topic - OMG OMG OMG It's real!

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OMG OMG OMG It's real!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hatemonger
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:08 am    Post subject: OMG OMG OMG It's real! Reply with quote

Bandai announced at the 2014 Tokyo Toy Fair that they had received the license for Star Wars models. Among their displays was a ~3 foot long Imperial Star Destroyer. This was previously thought to be a showcase piece - done simply as an attention-grabbing display for conventions and industry shows.

But... what if it isn't?

What if... it's a real model, that they might actually produce? Shocked

Quote:
Today, my friend who owns our local hobby shop confirmed to me that Bandai is indeed producing the model that was their centerpiece at the 2014 Tokyo Model Show- The 1/1700 Scale Imperial Star Destroyer with full fiber-optic lighting package, detailed hangar bay, and adjustable display stand.

But... an ISD is over 1,600 meters long! That would mean the model would have to be...

Quote:
At over 3.5 feet overall length, and with a parts count purported to approach 1000, this may be the largest mass-produced Star Wars model kit ever produced.

No... words... should have sent... a poet...

But... at least, it will take a long time to produce! I'll have plenty of time to
Quote:
Release is scheduled for the 3rd quarter of 2015, and MSRP is estimated to be around $400.00 USD.

Egad! So soon! But, such an outrageous price! Why, that's nearly three times the price of the LEGO kit... except, twice as big. And super-detailed. And light-up.

But that's still, like, FORGEWORLD prices!! Why, for that amount, I could get, um... a Warhound Titan! Which is nearly... um... 1/3 the size. And I still have to buy arms for it. And, um... doesn't include lights?

TL;DR: OMG buy a goddam Star Destroyer!

BECAUSE GODDAM STAR DESTROYER!!!!

- H8
Copyright(C) 2016 Freebooters(TM). Batteries not included. Some assembly required. Not suitable for children under 12. Not a step. This bag is not a toy. Do not put head in Mongo Bat. Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball. Void where prohibited. Die Horribly.
Stepchild
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.
Hatemonger
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copyright(C) 2016 Freebooters(TM). Batteries not included. Some assembly required. Not suitable for children under 12. Not a step. This bag is not a toy. Do not put head in Mongo Bat. Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball. Void where prohibited. Die Horribly.
[FB]zetazot
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm.... if you built a nice display case with a tempered glass top, it would make one hell of table top for an epic X-wing brawl. Seriously, that would be awesome. The Monster Death Wedge below in the background, the mini-Death Wedge surrounded by Interceptors on the "table top".... what's not to love?

H8, this will be an acceptable tribu... err.. present for my birthday. You may order and begin building the MDW when ready.

Please note: If this image changes to something horrible... H8 did it, but I will still blame Wike.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Freebooters Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: